How Lyric Works
The exterior is made with a soft foam material that is specially designed to contour to your ear canal and the proprietary coating technology protects the device from moisture and ear wax.
The battery is also designed to last for up to 120 days.
All of this means that the hearing aid can be placed deep in the ear canal and sit close to your ear drum for months at a time. Lyric is a completely invisible hearing aid that can be worn 24 hours a day 7 days a week, even while sleeping and exercising.
The deep canal placement also has significant sound benefits, which include:
- Improved directionality and localisation (ability to tell where sounds are coming from)
- Minimised Occlusion Effect (blocked feeling in the ear canal)
- Reduced feedback (whistling sound hearing aids can make)
- High-Frequency Gain (ability to hear high pitched sounds)
- Reduction of wind noises
- Ability to use ear-level listening devices, such as a telephone, headphones, or stethoscope, with little to no feedback.